Statement of Purpose
Founded in 1977, the Escambia County Sickle Cell Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving individuals and families with sickle cell disease to assist them to receive necessary services and support.
The major objectives of the Association is to advocate, develop and implement programs and services to benefit individuals suffering from sickle cell disease. To accomplish these goals the Association will:
- Acquaint the public with current and on-going needs of persons with sickle cell
- Promote involvement of the public in activities that support the Association's
- Provide information and opportunities for health promotion, recreation
employment, support services and camaraderie.
- Promote medical research to eradicate sickle cell disease.
- Advocate and monitor the delivery of health care services.
Clients Annually Served:
- 124 Families total
- 168 With Sickle Cell or an Abnormal Hemoglobin trait
- 91 With Sickle Cell Disease or another Abnormal Hemoglobinapathy
Service Area: Escambia & Santa Rosa Counties, Fl
-Provided 46 educational presentations in Escambia County in 2011
-Provided 3 educational presentations in Santa Rosa County in 2011
-Provided 60 individual disease and/or trait counselings in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties in 2011
-Participated in 10 health or information fairs in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties in 2011
- Health Fair and Blood Drive
- Christmas Classic
- Christmas Wish-List
- Thanksgiving food baskets
- Free Sickle Cell Screenings( Sickle –Dex and Hemoglobin Electrophoresis)
- Sickle Cell Advocacy and Empowerment Day at the Capitol
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Fashions Shows
- Awareness Banquet
- Family Fun Day at Miracle Camp
- Neo-Soul Music Festival and Fun Day
- Back to School Bash